Latvian sprats in oil – 1 can
fresh cucumber – 1 pc
eggs – 2 pcs
boiled potatoes – 3 pcs
boiled carrot – 1 pc
mayonnaise – 100 g
How to prepare:
1. You will need for preparing salad: Latvian sprats in oil, fresh cucumber, eggs, boiled potatoes and carrot, spring onion and mayonnaise
2. Grate boiled potatoes
3. Salad is expected to be in layers, therefore each ingredient should be put in a separate layer. It is advised to use culinary ring to obtain good visual look. Grated potatoes are put into bottom layer.
4. Boiled carrot is grated next and goes as next layer. Each layer needs light pressing to achieve even layers.
5. Carrot layer is covered with mayonnaise or mix of mayonnaise and sour cream, and then sprinkled with finely cut spring onions.
6. Chop sprats with a fork and spread on green onions
7. Boil eggs, cool and clean; then separate the proteins from the yolks, grind the yolks and lay them out as the next layer; then grease with mayonnaise or sour cream.
8. Fresh cucumber should be grated on coarse grate and spreaded as next layer.
9. Grind egg proteins with fork and put it on top as final layer
10. Carefully remove culinary ring in the end. Put salad in refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes and serve.
Delicious layered all season salad with products, which are available all year round. But the most important ingredient is Latvian sprats. From this fish the taste of this meal directly depends. Boiled eggs, carrot, potatoes, and spring onion will only complement taste of the fish in this salad. It is noted, that this salad is well appreciated even by people who usually do not very favor anything made from fish.