Latvian sprats – 1 can
fresh cucumber – 1 pc
fresh tomatoe – 1 pc
spring onion – 2 pcs
boiled eggs – 3 pcs
garlic – 1-2 cloves
soft cheese – 2 tablespoons
hard cheese – 50 g
mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
black pepper – as required
dill or parsley – as required
salad leaves – for serving
How to prepare:
1. You will need jar of Latvian sprats, cucumber, tomato, spring onions, boiled eggs, bread, hard and soft cheese, garlic, mayonnaise, black pepper and a little of dill or parsley
2. Grate hard cheese and eggs on medium coarse grate, add soft cheese and mayonnaise, press garlic in a garlic press, mix everything well.
3. Put mixture on bread slices
4. Cut prepared bread slices in halves, put onto salad leaves, sprinkle each slice with grinded black pepper and put sprats on top.
5. Finely cut spring onions, tomatoes and cucumbers
6. Put tomatoes and cucumbers on the bread, next to fish, sprinkle with spring onions and decorate with a piece of dill or parsley.
7. Delicious sandwiches can be served to guests right away.
Starters is a good beginning to any feast, and sandwiches are something which can save you in case of unexpected guests. Each housemaid makes sandwiches with sprats in her own way. It is easy and fast to prepare this delicious starter, if you have very few necessary products.